Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Red Light.

What we call life is simply a journey......................
A long journey filled with streets, dead ends, detours,
highways, and interstates,
of which my life so far has testified of thousands of streets,
couple of deadends, hundreds of detours, hundred more of highways
and a couple of interstates.

But recently I felt like I've encounted Red Light.
It came out of nowhere, and made its unexpected entrance.
Needless to say,  I reluctantly and coldly accepted it
Though I sincerely believed that it would not have bothered me so much had I ignored it, or had it kept its silence and left me alone,
But it seemed as if the more I tried to ignore it,
the louder it spoke...

I didn't know whether it was because I have never acknowledged its presence in the world
or simply that it was my first time dealing with it.
But whichever was the case, I did not like it.
I didn't like the fact it had the audacity to challenge me from every angle.
I didnt like the fact it had taken it  upon itself the honor of prolonging its presence
and most of all,
I didn't like the fact that I had to suddenly acknowledge it.

There were so many things I didn't like about Red Light.
Specifically the ability it had to steal my motivation,
Leaving me wondering where exactly I was in my journey and exactly what I was doing.

Leaving me with more frustration
than solutions.


But somehow, inthe midst of it all

That lack of motivation, or so.
Confusion, or the like.
I felt God's hands holding my own and walking along  by my side
I felt His presence and heard His whispers encouraging me to be still, and know that HE is God.
 

My human eyes were color blind.
Because when God gave me His prescribed glasses, I saw clearly.

Across my face, landed a smile...........
No no, it wasn't a Red Light after all.........simply a Yellow Light.
The ultimate decision, I realized then, was completely up to me - whether to press the gas or hit the brake.
Maybe I should have chosen the break option.........
buuuuttt nope.
On we go...........driving to the finish line

Though the journey is far from over, I worry not.
I won't grow tired , because
I plan to ride on the right side of the Driver....forever and always. :))


©lt.07

 

No comments:

Post a Comment